Sunday, May 16, 2010

Free at Last, Thank God I'm Free at Last

OMG, I thought I was NEVER going to get out of this semester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been working on school projects the way the Israelites were building pyramids - work till you drop, and dodge that cracking whip if you know what's good for you! BUT the last pieces of my final project are drying downstairs on my kitchen table as I type (and it's due on Friday, so I'm AHEAD of schedule! What a concept!).


Get this - all I have to do is drive to school on Friday and turn my stuff in for my final grade, and then I'm FREE for FOUR ENTIRE MONTHS. I haven't taken a summer off since I started school in January of 2008, but THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BERKSHIRES to pay me to go to summer school this year. I am going to sit on my well-upholstered fanny and BLOg, and design freebies, and BLOG, and make snarky collages, and BLOG... you get the picture.
This is my entry for this week's Three Muses challenge. The subject this week is "relationships", so I opened up the folder labeled COUPLES in my library of vintage photographs, and decided to work with a pair of bathing beauties I call "Hard Bodies."

I also made a piece for LAST week's Three Muses, when the subject was "legs":


To check out the great artwork over at Three Muses, go HERE:
http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/



AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR:




"Precious" has 11 papers, glittery stuff, and 42 elements. Here are a few layouts I made with this bright, beautiful kit:







mITSYBELLE's other kit is the very elegant "Madame":

It's available to purchase HERE:

Here are some layout I made with this gorgeous kit:





Your freebie today is the jeweled frame shown in the layout above; you can snag it HERE:
http://www.4shared.com/file/mOrlWY9N/mitsybelle_madame_jeweledlacef.html


Come back soon, we have LOTS of stuff to celebrate, which means FREE STUFF for everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I guess I'm in the right spot to comment. I had to scroll forever to get here! Love your quirky sense of humor as it translates into art. You are so talented. Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! So relieved to know you're OK...was beginning to worry about you all again...Glad to see you back and still snarky! Missed you bunches, but I know school comes first. Welcome back...enjoy your summer...you've earned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous art pieces!!! love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "Legs" artpiece for our challenge is superb, Tammara. It is so whimsical, witty, clever and absolutely scrumptious. Can you tell I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm baaaaaack. I'm not sure if my first comment went through as it isn't showing. I realised I had only commented on your "Legs" picture and not on the "Hard Bodies" which is hilarious and so beautifully designed. Tammara, you are a legend and a genius at digital art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both entries are brilliant, Tammara, love the relationships one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [20 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammara, I have missed you and I'm overjoyed to see you back. I see you have lost none of your quirkiness and I love both of your Muses pieces but hey that Hard Bodies is a total hoot. Thanks for joining in and come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hhahaha that beach piece is super fab!!
    Also your legs piece, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're back! Looks like it's going to be a fun-filled summer for us all! :) Thanks for the frame! :) Love your entries BTW!

    ReplyDelete