Wednesday, March 3, 2010

THE SARCASTIC REDHEAD IS BACK WITH FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!

Hello, all! Life has been VERY difficult for the past three months, but good fortune has prevailed and I am back on the blogosphere with celebratory gifts. After my beloved Will was diagnosed with 4th stage inoperable renal cancer, we both tried to be brave and stoic faced with what seemed to be the inevitable conclusion of that diagnosis. But our oncologist pulled a rabbit out of his hat: high-dose Interleukin 2treatments. This is complicated and best summed up by "worse than chemo", but my Will cowboyed up big-time and now, twelve weeks later, the cancer is in full remission - THERE ARE NO TUMORS LEFT.

SO LET's CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I have sorely missed the great artists over at Three Muses. The challenge this week is "Men"... they must have touched on a good (or sore) spot, because there's already 30 entries posted and the challenge just started today. Here's my entry, "Suspicious Resemblance":

This pales in comparison to my other news, but I won LOTW over at SAS (now The Studio) a couple of weeks ago with this layout, "He Rose to the Occasion", using papers and elements from mITSYBELLE's wonderful kit "This'n'That":
Let's see, I've fallen SOOOOO behind... I won a few more awards over at school, where (somehow) I am still hanging on to that 4.0 (REALLY, don't ask me how, I spent the WEEK BEFORE WINTER FINALS with Will in the ICU up at Beth Israel in Boston while he underwent the first round of IL2 treatments - talk about YIKES). I have FANTASTIC professors (hugs hugs hugs to Lisa Yetz, Chuck Prescott and Keith Shaw!!!), which is part of how I've just been invited to join Phi Theta Kappa, the international College Honor Society.
(They probably don't know how snarky I am or they wouldn't have been so quick to ask, huh?)

ANYWAY, we'll play more catch-up tomorrow-ish (you all remember that I can't tell time, right?), for now LETS BRING ON THE FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"Victorian Thrift Shoppe" has 9 patterned papers, 5 solid textured papers, 31 assorted bits of lace and other fancy bits of embellishment, AND a pack of 34 pieces of assorted ephemera. The first two parts are CU use included, but I'm not 100% certain that it's kosher to use the French currency image in the Ephemera pack on anything you're going to sell.


TODAY you get the papers:




YOU CAN GRAB THEM HERE:



http://www.4shared.com/file/233591679/9205539e/Victorian_Thrift_Shoppe_PAPERS.html

HUGS! See you soon!

19 comments:

  1. wOw! What huge news. It's really good to hear about the remission though. That's very heartening to hear! THanks for the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy to read the good new about your DH. As they say: It ain't over 'til...

    Thank you for the fab freebies ♥♥♥

    btw I wouldn't worry about the franc bill in the pack, Euro is the currency in France now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I am so happy for you! Really great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the DigiFree category today [03 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to Hear Life Has Settled into a Positive Mode!
    Thanks for the CU Goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I m So very HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! congrats- break out that champagne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is greatest news, I'm so happy for you. Congratulation to you!
    Thanks for sharing the freebie too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammara-So great to hear that you & Will are both OK and that your GPA is still AMAZING despite the tough time you went through. You are Wonder Woman! And then to have the time to share a snazzy goody with us...TYSM!
    Hugs to you both...Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Tammara, we touch the lives of our blog friends in our art exploration, seldom knowing what trials life is bringing them. Thank you for sharing your good news so that we can celebrate with you. It is good you have your art for escape. Your piece for our challenge is immensely clever and well done, as is all your work. It's good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammara, without you telling us anything about what has been going on in your life, we might have guessed that something wonderful has happened just from seeing your joyful, beautiful, creative, superb art. Your piece for the Three Muses has blown me away. It is stunning.
    I am sorry that your husband has been so ill and that you have shared the journey with him but I am so glad for you that things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutley THRILLED to hear the good news of the remission. Such a rough time for you. Am glad that you are back though, have missed your wonderful take on life. Thanks for the freebies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Mar. 04, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to see you back again! I have missed getting my daily "sarcastic fix" from you. Also glad to hear that your hubby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have missed your wit...was very concerned but almost afraid to inquire. what wonderful news..... smooth sailing for the redhead and her hubby from here on out! thanks so much for the freebies and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tammara I have wondered where you were but thought only that you were too busy with your studies. But so pleased now to hear your devastating news has turned to good news in the end and that your Wil is on the mend and you have had such support from your professors (and others of course).

    Congratulations also on all the honours you have achieved as you well deserve them with your wonderful wit, and brilliant talent and only the odd wonderfully teeny weeny snarky bit.

    Thanks also for the freebies, which I will collect on my return from New Zealand (WiFi is mega expensive here and disappears the minute you even think about downloading something).

    Finally thanks for your entry to the Muses this week, you are never anything less than a breath of fresh air, AND your piece made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read your story. I am SO glad about the remission. Sometimes, miracles happen. I am glad you found an oncologist that was willing to try. Thanks so much for sharing your story.-luiza

    ReplyDelete