Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Mixed Bag of Stuff WITH FREEBIES

I'm back (and thank you to those of you who wrote to inquire about my whereabouts! you're SO sweet!), following a rather drawn-out and distressing computer crash, coupled with even more unnerving health issues with my beloved husband Will, all with exams and term papers thrown in like migrane-inducing croutons in a tossed salad of unmitigated crisis...


BUT if I start whining and ranting about it, we'll be here all day, so let's just get back to business! First, here's my VERY LATE entry (and it's so embarrassing because I'm ON THE DESIGN TEAM) to Something Completely Different's Challenge (LAST week!!!!) "Pink Card With Christmas Tree":

Then I didn't even get to MAKE this week's card because after my computer crashed I couldn't reinstall my copy of Creative Suite CS3 for DAYS........... oh jeez, there I go, into whine mode again.

Someone fetch me a martini, will you?

And then, go look at the FABULOUS handmade cards the very, very talented ladies at Something Completely Different have designed:

http://adifferentchallengeaweek.blogspot.com/

NEXT, mITSYBELLE has a new kit in her stores. It's called "Christmas Cheer", and it's really cute!



You get 18 papers and a very cool 68 elements - what a bargain, huh? There's beads and snowflakes galore and even though I made three layouts I didn't even get around to using HALF this kit. Here's the layouts:

"Naughty or Nice?"

(I'll let you decide - but HINT, it's the same kid giving me the sardonic "pose" on the bottom of the next layout.)

"I Never Get Tired of Babies in Silly Hats"
Of course, the problem is that the babies DO get tired of wearing the silly hats. (I talked about this in a layout from last year, using a different kit).

And now that my granddaughter is 5 I'm fresh out of babies, and this year I'm stuck with the cat and the iguana. Getting them to pose should be interesting.....

ANYWAY, after camping on my son, I should get back to mITSYBELLE's kit, and point out that he was not the only one trying to talk their way off the naughty list...


"Come On Out, Little Brother!"


(It's almost 20 years later and they still fight like cats and dogs.)

ANYWAY, you can purchase this wonderful kit HERE: http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_81


AND NOW FOR YOUR FREEBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since it's time to start making cards, tags, and other Christmasy things, I've put together a set of Victorian-era clipart for your usage, in both png format (for all you digital folks) and in printable collage sheets (for those of you using real scissors, paper and glue!). They are all royalty-free so knock yourselves out making whatever you desire.


I'm showing them here in collage-sheet mode, which will print nicely on standard sized regular paper (I haven't tested it on cardstock. The resolution might need to be adjusted down to 230 dpi to allow for the way cardstock absorbs ink). You can download both sheets in PRINTABLE (CMYK mode) form here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/158920591/4550bfcc/Vintage_Christmas_Collage_Set_.html
And you can get them in individual png files with transparencies (in RGB mode for computer use) here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/158918212/93db20c4/Vintage_Christmas_Collage_Set_.html

I hate to wallow in my bad news; and I have good news to share, too! So I'll be back tomorrow with more goodies and in a better mood (if all else fails, you can buy Christmas Spirit in a bottle, right?) HUGS!

12 comments:

  1. Tammara,
    It's so nice to hear from you again.
    I hope you and your family are well, Happy Thanks giving!
    I hope you got the "Thank You! " note already, it's a really tiny note from the bottom of my heart.
    I've make a new layout, name after you, I hope you'll like it.

    Blessing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see ya back! Sounds like your plate is full to the max! Personally, I'd be stocking up on Bailey's! lol

    Love the clip art--thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 24 Nov [LA 04:08pm, NY 07:08pm] - 25 Nov [UK 12:08am, OZ 11:08am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to have you back. Lets hope things calm down for you. I know we all could do with some calm at this time.
    Loads of good wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Nov. 25, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the christmas clipart. They will come in handy for my kids' school work. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very beautiful blog. I don't know it. I will return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Christmas treats! And glad everything is getting back to normal there.
    btw... I stumbled across your blog several months ago and you made me laugh - love your sense of humor, so I've been coming back to visit every month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammara
    Wow love all your latest creations, some fantastic images in there and love the pink SCD card!

    Thanks for the freebies, love them!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete