Sunday, October 18, 2009

SCD goes Black & White; Three Muses; and NEW mITSYBELLE kit

The theme this week at Something Completely Different is

Black & White Inchies.


OK, it's hard to get the hang of the teeny-tiny canvas at first, but after that it's kind of fun. I'm still the only digi-artist posting (although kudos to Juno for giving it a go! You rock, girl!) so I want to encourage all you digital altered art wizards to go over and post one yourself! Also, check out the work of the ladies making their entries by hand with stamps, inks and embossing powders - all on a 0ne inch scrap of paper! They're amazing!


http://adifferentchallengeaweek.blogspot.com/


Moving on...


The Challenge this week at Three Muses is "Hair." I actually did a serious piece of artwork, just for the novelty of it, and because I seem to have temporarily misplaced my sarcastic streak. This is most likely due to loosing an entire week of school for miserable depressing health-related issues, so I am now so far behind that I have to radio ahead to locate my own shadow. But fear not, you can expect EXTRA snarkiness from me as I try to work my way out of the academic hole.

Also, I've attempted to atone for my detour into adulthood by giving this piece a sufficiently snarky title to compensate:

"Isn't It Wonderful What Those New All-Natural Shampoos Can Do!"



Anyway, go check out all the fabulous artwork by the other artists at Three Muses - they always get incredible entries!

http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/


And now a word from our sponsors!The amazing mITSYBELLE has a new kit in her stores called "Natural Beauty."


As you can see, it's a very pretty, delicate kit in lovely pastels. You get 12 papers and 41 elements (LOVE the green tasseled fringe).

Here are two layouts I made using this beautiful kit:


"I'm So Glad I Said Yes":


"You're Such a Flirt!"


You can purchase this fabulous kit in mITSYBELLE's SAS store here, and then head over to her blog to download a FREE QP and this cool FREE Halloween mini-kit!

I'll be back soon with goodies - hugs!

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the new SCD challenge blog, Tammara. Looks interesting. I liked the work I saw. I've added it to my challenge list, and I'll try to participate. Your hair entry for Three Muses is spectacular! You have such amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammara!
    "Go raibh mile maith agat" for your kind words, here and on my blog. I love to visit here for a punch of colour and quirk. You have an original approach ;)
    Love your all-natural Hair and your B/W for SCD inspires me to try and fit it in this week, too!
    juno
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each and every piece on this post is EXCELLENT! I love them all, your graphic design sense really comes through in each of your creations. They all have a seriously nice flow and balance. The creativity involved in each is phenomenal!
    GREAT STUFF, I will definitely be popping back in again!!!

    ReplyDelete