Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Mixed Bag of Stuff and New FREE kit

I am so behind that this was my entry to LAST week's Crowabout Challenge (although you'll be shocked to learn that I managed to enter it on time - I just never got around to posting here.)


I continue to have trouble with my right thumb (torn ligament from the iguana bite... that rotten lizard has just been the gift that keeps on giving!), and of course as a Fine Arts major I use my hand A LOT, so it swelled up and became temporarily unusable last week, and I've been playing catchup ever since (and I can't figure out the math - if you miss ONE four-hour class, why does it take SEVEN DAYS to make up for it?!?!? That's been a consistent ratio ever since I started college, but I still can't make sense of the absentee inflation...)

ANYWAY, lots to discuss!! First off, I was invited to join the design team at Something Completely Different. It's an Altered Art Challenge site, and the challenge this week is ABC "Moo" cards. This one is Laura's:
So far, they mostly get hand-made entries, and lots of the challenges are small-scale. We made a deal - I'm going to introduce their artists to the coolness of pure digital art, and they're going to force me to work on itty-bitty pieces. If you've followed my blog, you know that I've steadfastly resisted this in the past... but the fabulous Lisa (my art teacher/college advisor/fashion guru) says that "working outside your comfort zone is good for you as an artist." So it should prove interesting... but expect to hear me grumble, because I have always been of the mindset that size DOES matter...

ANYWAY, go check out the wonderful hand-made art submitted to their challenges:

http://adifferentchallengeaweek.blogspot.com/

I'm also working on a Halloween-themed store at Zazzle... I'm making (and will have up for sale) lots of spooky T-shirts & posters. Here's a preview:


And mITSYBELLE has a new kit in her store, just in time for the SAS Progressive Scrap Sale _ everything is a whopping 60% off today, 50% tomorrow, 40% on Monday... you get the drift, the faster you go, the cheaper everything is. mITSYBELLE's new kit is called "Sweet Thang":



It's gorgeous, and if you get there TODAY it's a paltry $1.80 (at 60% off the usual $4.50 price). You'll get ten papers and 40 fabulous elements, many of both equally suitable for you altered art folks. Here are a few layouts I made using this great kit:

"Little Gothic Butterfly"


"Too Bad We Can't All Be Blonde"


"You're Never Too Old to Play"

You can buy this kit (not to mention all the other kits in her store, which are on sale too for the same insane prices) here:

AND NOW FOR YOUR FREEBIE!!!!!



"Misty Watercolor Memories" has 10 papers and 23 elements, including a lace header and more scrolls (neither shown here). I made it for the fabulous KimB's DSO Septemer Color Challenge, and you can snag it HERE:

Come back soon! Hugs!

22 comments:

  1. this is beautiful, thank you so much! Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your iguana munched thumb... hey I just love the blog background it is very you! You know the make up thing is just like when you take a vacation at work, when you come back you need to take a vacation from your vacation LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty kit, thanks for making and sharing. Sure hope that thumb gets make to normal real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit is gorgeous! Hope the thumb is better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Sep. 26, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the kit. I can't wait to make something with it. I will post on my blog and send you a note. Once again I just love your stuff. I think I need a shirt with the coven comments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammara
    I am glad you are joining us on SCD - I love digital but haven't got a bloomin' clue!!! LOl
    Itty bitty works are addictive once you start!!
    Hop over to the admin blog sometime!

    Hugs
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. TY so very much for this FANTASTIC contribution!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammara
    I'm having a lot of fun designing digital Moos, too. Quite a change from 12x12's, isn't it?
    Thanks for the great goodies.
    juno
    xx
    Juno's Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening!!!!!!!!
    I'm back again to let you know that I just used this MARVELOUS kit in a LO at DSO for the Sept Quote challenge!!!!!!

    http://digiscrapobsession.net/pics/showphoto.php?photo=6511

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwowwow...I am always blown away by your work! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    2 quick questions though-What on earth is a "Moo", and did I somehow miss the last part (4?) of your "Book of You"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 26 Sep [LA 09:14pm, NY 11:14pm] - 27 Sep [UK 04:14am, OZ 02:14pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammara you are a star, I love this wonderful freebie as I do everything you make and share. Thank you.

    I hope you are giving that iguana plenty of meaningful looks, just to keep it on its toes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this wonderful freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for putting my Moo on your blog. Great to meet you. I am fascinated by digital art and am trying to learn photoshop. Very early stages. I have found some free classes on the internet which are just fab. I have details on my blog. But I have also purchased their first 5 lessons for $45 so I can browse them anytime. It is fascinating. Do you know Paperbag Studios. They have lots of great image downloads you can buy cheaply. Also on my blog is a link to Itkillpili, I think. Anyway there is a link on my blog. Lots of other downloads too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am wondering if there is still another part to the "A Book of You" kit. I seem to recall that you said you would be back with another part.

    Meanwhile, I sure hope your thumb will be healed soon.

    Thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous kit!
    I just have to say I love your blog design!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to be honest to you that your stuff is stunning!! Wow! I love the freebie, Thanks you so much for the sharing..^-^
    I'll use them to make some good stuff to share out too!! You are welcome to have a look later..Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning stunning stunning design again GF! OMG, sorry you still having hassles with the bit- wow, thats one GIFT that sure isn't going away ;-(

    LOVE the tag and the jeweled pieces as well as the papers of course!
    Thanks so much for sharing them with us

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the kit. I can't wait to make something with it. I will post on my blog and send you a note. Domain registration india

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very Beautiful Kit....!! Many Thanks for Sharing!! Serena..x

    ReplyDelete