Monday, June 1, 2009

Boo's Back! FREEBIE

I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief, because I posted my Pre-Renaissance Art History quiz yesterday afternoon, and that left me free to finish reading the Mark Twain assignment by itself. I made the terrible error of trying to switch back and forth between my reading assignments last week, and the combination of Mesopotamian cave paintings and Huck Finn totally blew my mind! Or at least, that's my only explaination for the weird turn my artwork suddenly took...



(From now on, we will focus on one class at a time...I can only imagine the horror of combining 12th Century Russian Religious Icons with James Joyce.)

I finished my Lit reading this morning, and I have to scurry through this post because I still have to write my paper on Mark Twain and post THAT this afternoon by 5:30... So I've got 6 hours and change, and I'm spending the change on getting this up for you all! (A brief break from school-work spent desiging will improve my paper by getting my creativity going. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)


SO HERE IT IS!!!! It's a free mini-kit I made for the May Color Challenge at SAS. Those of you who hang out on the forums over at SAS know that the Color Challenge is run by the VERY TALENTED Boo, and it's been on hiatus for a couple of months because poor Boo had MAJOR computer problems (do you think it might have been the squirrels again? or are British squirrels better behaved?) So the kit is appropriately named "Boo's Back! Celebration."

I didn't make a full preview sheet due to the aforementioned (and hopefully temporary) literature-induced brain damage (as opposed to my usual cerebral shortcomings). But you'll get a peek at more of the pieces in the layouts I made with the kit. The first one is an old photo of my daughter Katrina:

And this one uses a photo taken by Cynthia B. of her adorable granddaughter Abbie:

There's a few more pieces too, but I have to go write that paper on Huck Finn so you're just going to have to wait and see them after you've downloaded them, which you can do HERE:

http://www.4shared.com/file/109135288/28a27e93/Boos_Back_Celebration_elements.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/109137993/37b130/Boos_Back_Celebration_papers.html

hugs! see you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Uncategorized post on Jun. 01, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your artwork--it's so Maggie Taylor! You know, that kind of work would make an awsome kit--:::hint hint::: ! :) Thanks for the freebies--fab as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 01 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 02 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this. I love the lace! And good luck with your Huck Finn paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to pop in to say I LOVE YOUR WAY of thinking- hahahahaha
    Going to have to go buy Orange Juice tomorrow becuase this cough mixture just isn't working! *snicker* LOL

    thanks for the visit and for the laugh
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete