Saturday, May 23, 2009

I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO EXTEND THE FREEBIE PERIOD

I have more girfts for you! Eventually, you're going to get the kit I made that I used to make this layout ("A Boy and His Duck")... but first, before I get to today's celebration, I'm going to rant a bit.


HERE'S THE RANT: in the interest of fairness, I must admit to you all that yesterday, IMMEDIATELY after posting here on the blog about my 4.0 and trumpeting on about how smart I am, I drove to the grocery store and promptly locked my keys in my car. I didn't even realize I had done this until AFTER I browsed through the clothes store and then traipsed across the strip mall to PriceChopper and bought my groceries; I also didn't leave them in the ignition, so after turning my purse upside-down looking for the keys I checked the car (BUT REALLY, ONLY THE IGNITION) and still no keys. So I the proceed to spend the next 20 minutes combing the entire strip mall, including checking in stores I hadn't been in, just in case someone found them in the parking lot and turned them in there.

Finally, I ended up back in PriceChopper, where some poor store employee (probably sent specifically by the security people watching me on the store cameras looking under all the shelving {probably snickering, hopefully not posting to YouTube}to investigate the crazy woman in Aisle 12) offers his help with, well, whatever dumbass thing I might happen to be doing. I inform him that I'm looking for my car keys, and wise man that he is, he begins his investigation by leading me back to my car - where, low and behold, my car keys are lying on the passenger seat in exactly the spot the would have been had I stuck them into my purse after parking BUT FORGOTTEN TO CLOSE THE CLEVER VELCRO FLAP THAT KEEPS THEM FROM FALLING OUT.

Now, understand, not only do I look stupid in front of the grocery store dude, but I have to call AAA and admit my stupidity to the dispatcher - AND THEN ask him to call my husband (who I was supposed to pick up from work) and tell HIM that his braindead wife locked the keys in the car and is stranded in the grocery store parking lot until the locksmith guy arrives to rescue me, so my beloved fella should hitch a ride home with a co-worker. And naturally the locksmith has an entire stand-up routine to perform about the boneheadedness of locking onesself out of one's vehicle... as does my husband when I finally get home.

So today you all get a BONUS FREEBIE - keys, keys, and more keys.



You can snag them HERE:

http://www.4shared.com/file/107265008/fdb4a676/No_More_Lost_Keys.html


NOw, here's part one of the freebie you came for: "Funky Victorian Summer", which is so named because it's made of soft tropical colors (the sharp-eyed amoung you might have spotted that they're from the amazing KimB's May Color Challenge!), and its style combines a little bit funky and a little bit old-fashioned... which is pretty much stander procedure around here, now that I think about it.


The elements come in two parts, as do the papers, so resign yourselves to schelpping back here a few more times in order to collect the entire kit. Which I'm embarassed to tell you I made to celebrate the fact that I'm being honored Thursday at the College Awards Ceremony; it seems I've won the (possibly) prestigious "Falconer Award for Visual Arts." After yesterday's shennanigans, I'm starting to think perhaps it's called "Falconer" because they award it to the most bird-brained artist on campus. ANYWAY, you can snag Part One of the elements HERE:

http://www.4shared.com/file/107252396/13ffcc08/Funky_Victorian_Elements.html

hugs, enjoy, and come back soon! I'm not done celebrating, but hopefully I am done locking myself out of my car.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Elements or Papers post on May. 23, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 24 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible day. Clearly you're just *so* smart, you have much more elevated things on your mind than grocery shopping. Thank you so much for these wonderful freebies, and I didn't have a chance to comment yesterday but the Bohemian Rhapsody is gorgeous too. Take some well-deserved time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet lots of people do those kinds of things. I know I have. Once I couldn't find my car in the parking lot of a department store and I called my hubby to help me. (he worked nearby) Turns out, I had parked on the other side of the store! Another time, in another parking lot, the remote/security switch on my keychain would not unlock my car for me. Again I called for help. The problem this time? Um, I was trying to unlock a stranger's very similar car. Mine was nearby.

    Anyway, your kit is really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I am sure you have been told this many times, but you are such a gifted story teller/author. I have found such joy in reading each of your posts and have laughed at each one.

    Congratulations on your award and how proud you should be. Our granddaughter received the Outstanding 8th grade girl award for her school. Good thing I was in a knit top or I would have popped all my buttons. LOL

    Don't feel badly about the keys. I think our minds just get so overloaded with things we have to do that we get in a hurry and things like that happen. It's happened to me a few times. Luckily we live in a small town and we just call the police and they come unlock it. I guess there are advantages to living in small town USA. LOL

    Thank you for the keys and for the elements for the CC. I love the lace piece.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete