Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And On The Seventh Day...

...which was technically yesterday, but yesterday was blown to hell by a plethora of computer issues which made me realize just how much a laptop resembles a frisbee...
ANYWAY, today's freebies are because we are celebrating what is perhaps my greatest achievement of all... surviving THE PRINCESS's 13th birthday.This is her, in all her glory. (layout uses Kristi's "French Romance" kit, available at SAS)

She is best summed up by a line Veronica delivers on the poorly named but hysterically funny show "Better Off Ted": "As an adolescent, I too was an outsider, misunderstood by my peers because of my superior brains and my stunning beauty... it was a bleak and lonely time, and if it hadn't been for all the modeling contracts I don't know how I would have survived it."

In other words, the child does not have any self esteem issues. Of course, she's always been blonde and beautiful, even in her younger years (layout uses mITSYBELLE's "Dreamy Summer" kit, also available at SAS):

Fortunately, she has thus far eschewed all boys on the grounds (and I quote) "none of them are good enough." But I have told her that she needs to give me AT LEAST a month's warning before she starts dating so I can make sure my husband has enough life insurance. Poor Will breaks out in hives just at the thought of her high school years.

Here's another recent photo, taken on one of the rare occasions that we can disconnect her from both the internet and her iPod; of course, the technology does not yet exist that can remove the snarky expression from a teenager's face, let alone provide me with a sarcasm filter (yes, she's a real smart ass, hmmm, wonder where she got THAT from?????) so I can occasionally have a normal conversation with her. (Layout uses mITSYBELLE's "Bejeweled Harmony" kit, available at SAS)

SO, while I have my doubts that I'll make it through to her adulthood, I HAVE made it this far. To celebrate, I have this for you today:

Two bonus Quick Pages, one from "Bohemian Rhapsody" and one from "Funky Victorian Summer" (both kits are still available FREE, if you haven't snagged them yet just keep on scrolling down for the links). PLUS, I threw in a bonus cluster frame for "Funky Victorian Summer" for no good reason at all, so enjoy.
Here's a better look at the QP's:


You can download them FREE here:
And you can purchase any of the three kits by the other designers that I mentioned earlier in the post HERE:
Hugs! See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on May. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so forward to reading your blog--I can relate in so many ways--you're just too funny! lol Thanks for the QP's. Both of these kits are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 28 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad b/c I LOVE the victorian summer kit, but I can't get it to open cuz it's a RAR file and not a ZIP file. booo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, do a google search for 7Zip - it's a free program that can tackle those rar files.

    As always, your LOs are beautiful, and I really enjoy reading your posts. I've been having fun with the Funky Victorian kit. My dad--of all people--wanted me to do a page to showcase a photo of their house. Who'd've thunk? Your designs definitely help me look good. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your Blondness layout and your QP's. Thanks for sharing them.

    I was ROFLOL reading about your daughter. We have a granddaughter turning 15 in July and starting high school. I think her dad will go into cardiac arrest when she starts dating. LOL

    So far she is a sweet girl and hasn't given her parents any problems. I keep holding my breath. LOL

    I really enjoyed reading all your comments. This is my first visit and I found you through Kim's CC.

    ReplyDelete